Admissions Criteria to the Delaware County Practical Nursing Program
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Have an official high school transcript or GED diploma with scores; if a high school graduate from another country you must obtain a GED from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Demonstrate satisfactory performance on the pre-admission test (TEAS). Assessment Technologies Institute’s Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) will be administered as either an on-line computer-proctored exam or as a pencil and paper proctored exam, depending upon the size of the testing group.
- Provide a satisfactory background check for Criminal (Act 34 and FBI) and Child Abuse History
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation
- Submit a completed application and a satisfactory review/interview with the program supervisor and/or faculty.
As required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for all participants of a Practical Nursing Program certified by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, acceptance into the program is pending upon official documentation by a healthcare provider of a two-step Tuberculin Skin Test (PPD); a physical examination which indicates an ability to perform the tasks and duties of a Practical Nurse; immunization verification blood work; undergo a drug screening and documentation supporting immunization; Hepatitis B immunization or a signed waiver of same.